toggle menu
Live: 2GO 107.7 Central Coast
 
Listen live

Dishwasher Sparks Fire At Coast Home Under Renovation

Second fire in Gosford.

Dishwasher Sparks Fire At Coast Home Under Renovation Fire and Rescue NSW- 340 Station Umina

Quick-thinking firies have spared a Umina home from even worse damage, after it went up in flames overnight.

Fire and Rescue crews rushed to the property at Lovell Road about 4:40pm, as thick black smoke wafted out of the eaves

They got in, managing to contain the inferno to the laundry which sustained fire damage.

The heat was so strong it melted light fittings in the nearby living room, filling the house with smoke.

No one was injured.

It's believed a faulty dishwasher is to blame for the blaze.

This was followed shortly after by another fire at an abandoned building in Gosford CBD.

Crews rushed to a derelict site at Mann Street overnight, swiftly putting out the flames thought to have begun in a roll of carpet and rubbish.

It's believed the fire was lit by squatters.

 

;