A busy night for Fire and Rescue crews across the region last night. Terrigal Fire station 459 set up an exclusion zone on the Esplanade, after being called to gas leak, which was detected under cement pavers on the strip.
While the leak was being isolated from other gas mains, called the owner of a nearby restaurant alerted crews to smoke and fumes coming out of floor vents in their establishment. An electrical component failure turned out to be the culprit.
The incident sin Terrigal followed crews working to contain a house fire in Lake Munmorah.
The blaze broke out at the property on Elizabeth Bay Drive just after 5pm and took around 3 hours to bring under control.
All people inside the house managed to escape uninjured, though the house suffered significant damage.
Police say they're not treating it as suspicious.