toggle menu
Live: 2GO 107.7 Central Coast
Listen live

Three properties damaged in Entrance unit block fire

Big day for firies.

Police say three units have suffered severe damage, after a fire at the Entrance overnight that began when a candle fell over.

Fire crews were called to the four-unit complex between Lakeside Parade and McGirr Avenue around 2:30 this morning, with six fire trucks needing around 90 minutes to put out the blaze.

There were no injuries, with everyone evacuated safely.

Tuggerah Lakes Police report the resident of one unit lit the candle and fell asleep, and was woken by their dog to find the unit well alight.

While Fire and Rescue and the RFS are bracing themselves for more work today, with the mercury set to hit 35 in some parts of the Coast.

The fire danger rating is at Severe, meaning a total fire ban is in place.

If you see unattended fires today, call 000, and check your bushfire survival plan.