A dozen people will face court after being charged with more than 200 offences after police executed search warrants across the Tuggerah Lakes Police District today.
Police from the Tuggerah Lakes Target Action Group established Strike Force Mahratta in November 2017 to investigate the alleged mid-level supply of methylamphetamines on the Central Coast.
About 6 this morning, police simultaneously executed seven search warrants at homes at Watanobbi, Wyong, Tumbi Umbi and Long Jetty.
Police seized drugs, knives, knuckledusters, mobile phones and other drug-related items. Officers also located property suspected of being stolen.
Eight men and four women were arrested and taken to Wyong Police Station.
They were charged with 210 offences including supply prohibited drug, possess prohibited drug, knowingly participate in a criminal group, goods in custody, use a prohibited weapon, use carriage service to threaten serious harm and knowingly deal in proceeds of crime.
- A 28-year-old man from Tumbi Umbi has been charged with 74 offences.
- A 43-year-old man from Watanobbi has been charged with 28 offences.
- A 26-year-old man from Tumbi Umbi has been charged with 25 offences.
- A 31-year-old man from Wyong has been charged with 15 offences.
- A 43-year-old man from Long Jetty who has been charged with 10 offences.
- A 63-year-old woman from Wadalba has been charged with eight offences.
- A 32-year-old man from Watanobi who has been charged with five offences.
- A 23-year-old man from Gorokan has been charged with four offences.
All were refused bail to appear in Wyong Local Court tomorrow Saturday 12 May 2018.
- A 24-year-old woman from Tumbi Umbi has been charged with one offence and has been conditionally bailed to appear in Wyong Local Court on Wednesday 30 May 2018.
- A 35-year-old woman from Wadalba has been charged with 22 offences.
- A 31-year-old woman from Watanobbi has been charged with 12 offences.
- A 36-year-old man from Woy Woy has been charged with six offences.
These three have been refused bail to appear in Wyong Local Court on Tuesday 17 July 2018.