Two men have been charged and weapons seized from a Central Coast home following an investigation into an alleged act of indecency on a train.
About 11.30am on Monday 4 December 2017, a 17-year-old girl boarded a train at Central Railway Station, bound for Newcastle.
A short time later, police will allege a man sat across from her and committed an act of indecency before leaving the train at Wyong Railway Station.
Once the girl left the train at Cardiff Railway Station, she alerted police and officers from North Central Sector of the Police Transport Command commenced an investigation.
A 53-year-old man attended Wyong Police Station and was arrested about 12.30pm yesterday (Friday 18 May 2018) before officers executed a search warrant at a property in Northcott Avenue, Watanobbi.
While conducting a search of the home, a 41-year-old man was arrested after police seized several items, including a firearm, ammunition, knives, a laser pointer, a conductive electrical device, and prohibited drugs.
The 53-year-old man was charged with commit an act of indecency with person 16 years or over.
He was refused bail and appeared before Wyong Local Court today (Saturday 19 May 2018) where he was refused bail to appear before the same court on Monday 21 May 2018.
A 41-year-old man was charged with 18 offences, including:
- drive motor vehicle during disqualification period;
- supply prohibited drug greater than indictable quantity (not cannabis);
- possess prohibited drug (x5);
- deal with property proceeds of crime;
- goods suspected stolen in/on premises (x3);
- possess unregistered firearm;
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit (x3);
- possess ammunition without holding licence;
- owner/occupier knowingly allow use as drug premises;
- organises/conducts/assists drug premises.
He was refused bail and appeared at Wyong Local Court today where he was granted conditional bail to appear before the same court on Tuesday 7 August 2018.