Yesterday Toowoomba Regional Council released its infrastructure wish list in the lead up to the 2019 Federal Election.
Council has outlined five key local and three regional and national projects as priorities it would like to see funded in the Toowoomba Region:
- Bowenville - Moola and Dalby - Nungil road upgrades (Maranoa - approximately $24 million)
- Continuation of East Creek Masterplan - Upgrade of Neil Street Culvert (Groom -approximately $12 million)
- Perseverance Raw Water Main Renewal (Maranoa - approximately $78 million)
- Railway Parklands Stage 2 (Groom - approximately $30 million)
- Escarpment Trails and Tourism (Groom - approximately $25.7 million)
National and Regional Priorities:
- 1% Taxation guarantee for local government (all electorates)
- Constitutional recognition of Local Government (all electorates)
- SEQ City Deal (all electorates in South East Queensland)
TRC Mayor Paul Antonio said the Toowoomba Region is one of Queensland’s most vibrant and diverse regional communities.
“We are fortunate that the Federal Government was already a significant investor in our region through their assistance with local projects,” Mayor Antonio said.
“Council believes that further investment by the Federal Government is vital to cater for our future growth and seize the wealth of opportunity before us.”
For more details please head to TRC Federal Election Wish List.
Missed something? Catch up here!