toggle menu
Live: 2GO
 
Listen live

London In Lockdown After Three Separate Attacks

More than one person dead

London In Lockdown After Three Separate Attacks

London is in lockdown.

There have been three separate attacks on Saturday night, and London police have confirmed multiple people have been killed.a

A van travelling at about 90 kilometers an hour ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge, followed by reports of gunfire as police hunt three suspects who may be armed. 

There are reports of bodies on the street at the nearby Borough Market.

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop says there are no indications any Australians were caught up in the attack. 

"British Police are treating it as a terrorist attack," she said this morning.

"This follows a similar pattern from those that we've seen elsewhere." 

Labor Senator Sam Dasyari was dining at a nearby restaurant when the attacks started, and has tweeted his praise for authorities. 

Post
Post
Post

US President Donald Trump just tweeted about the incident. 

Post


London's transport authority said London Bridge rail station had been closed at the request of the police.

We'll keep you updated. 

;