During the months of May, June and July all residential properties in the southern half of the Central Coast (former Gosford Local Government Area) with a small 120 Litre Red Lid Waste Bin are receiving a new 140 Litre Red Lid Waste Bin. This is the same sized bin that residents in the northern end of the Central Coast (former Wyong Local Government Area) have. All old 120 Litre Red Lid Waste Bins will be replaced regardless of their current age or condition.
New bins will be delivered 2 business days before your waste service day.
Daily bin delivery updates will be available on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/1coast
Residents are asked to follow these simple steps once they have received their new bin:
- Remove it from the kerbside and secure it on your property, ensuring to check the address on the side of the bin matches your property.
- Place all old Red Lid Waste Bin/s out for servicing on your next bin night, even if they are empty.
- If you know you will not be home for your next bin collection ask family, friends or neighbours to place your old bin/s out.
- Leave your old bin/s out on the kerbside after they have been emptied. Allow up to five business days for them to be removed. Do not place waste in your old bin/s once they have been emptied.
- Start using your new bin/s once your old bin/s have been emptied even if they have not been removed. After the roll out is complete, old bins will no longer be emptied. Please do not keep them as spares or for excess waste. Only Waste bins with the new logo will be emptied.